Calvary Christian Academy is a non-denominational Christian school founded in 1985; educating children from Preschool through 12th grade
“Calvary Christian Academy Shapes Lives for Eternity Through Biblical Truth and Academic Excellence”
Articles of Faith
We are staffed by qualified Christian teachers who subscribe fully to the following statements of faith:
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is the inspired and the only infallible authoritative Word of God.
- The creation of man by the direct act of God.
- The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- Man is sinful by nature and regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for his salvation.
- The resurrection of both the saved and the lost. They who are saved unto eternal life and they who are lost unto eternal damnation.
- The continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- The spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The heterosexual marriage relationship as the only God-ordained family system.
Centered in Christ – Revelation 4:11; 5:9
- Providing a Christ-centered, God-honoring environment (Colossians 1:18)
- Ministering as a team of board, administrators, faculty, and staff united in allegiance to Christ and the mission of a distinctively Christian education (Colossians 1:28-29)
- Encouraging each student to develop a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (Colossians 2:6-7; Hebrews 10:24; 2 Thessalonians 5:14-15)
Teaching the Truth – John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16
- Recognizing that all truth is God’s truth, and that the Bible is the verbally inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God (John 17:17; 2 Peter 1:20-21; 1 John 5:20)
- Integrating a biblical worldview into all areas of the curriculum and school program (Psalm 19:1-6; Proverbs 1:7; John 14:6; Romans 1:20)
- Affirming the worth of each individual as an image-bearer of God (Genesis 1:26-27; James 3:9)
- Developing students who hide God’s Word in their hearts, discern the truth based on Scripture, and apply biblical wisdom to every part of daily life (Psalm 119:11; Proverbs 3:5-6; 1 Corinthians 2:15-16; James 2:17; 2 Peter 3:28)
Striving for Excellence – 1 Corinthians 10:31; Colossians 3:23
- Pursuing excellence in who we are and all that we do to the glory of God (Colossians 3:17)
- Promoting the spiritual, academic, social, and physical well-being of each student (Psalm 139:13-16; Matthew 22:37; 1 Timothy 4:8)
- Equipping students to develop the thinking, communication, study, and academic skills needed for future educational and occupational success (Ephesians 4:11-15)
- Providing a quality learning experience that engages students, encourages them to reach their full potential in Christ, and focuses on what is best for each student (Philippians 2:12-15)
Serving through Relationships – Matthew 20:28
- Following Christ’s example of service and love in our relationships with others (Mark 9:34-35; Luke 22:26)
- Serving as Christian role models at all levels of leadership, including the board, administration, faculty, and staff, so that others may follow our examples (Matthew 5:14-16; Philippians 2:3-4)
- Fostering a faithful board, administration, faculty, and staff who choose to operate not from obligation to a job but from commitment to the ministry (Ephesians 6:6-7; Colossians 3:23)
- Preparing effective servant leaders who will desire to follow biblical principles in their interactions with others, fulfill their responsibility toward good citizenship and mission outreach, give their lives in service to God, and impact their families, communities, and world for Christ (John 12:26; Acts 13:36; Colossians 4:5-6)
Partnering with Parents – Proverbs 22:6
- Recognizing the home as a child’s primary educator (Deuteronomy 6:7)
- Collaborating with parents who affirmatively support and cooperate with the school’s Christian philosophy of education, core values, mission, and vision (Ephesians 4:1-3)
- Encouraging families in their affiliation with a local Bible-believing church (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Following biblical principles in relationships and interactions (Matthew 18:15-17)